- In-Country Transportation: Transportation within the country of Nicaragua will be handled by LtN and is a part of and already included in your trip costs.
- Lodging: Lodging within the country of Nicaragua will be handled by LtN and is a part of and already included in your trip costs. We will be staying at Mansion Teodolinda. The hotel has (hot!) running water, air conditioning, a pool, and internet available.
- Spending Money: We recommend bringing less than US$100 cash if you would like to have it to spend on souvenirs, snacks, etc.
- Travel Insurance: Lacrosse the Nations (LtN) will be collecting your information through FCA to take care of your travel insurance for the five days you are in Nicaragua. Neither FCA nor LtN expect any problem but do so to take all precaution in the case there is an emergency. The travel insurance is a part of and already included in your trip costs.
- Follow-Up: We will talk about how to bring our experiences on the trip home with us to share with other programs, and inspire others to get involved. Please come to Nicaragua with ideas on how you can bring your stories back home.
- Trip Schedule: The trip is 8 days long with 6 full days on the ground and two half days. The first and last half-days are reserved for traveling in and out of the country. LtN will propose an itinerary and it always changes because of the nature of third world travel. With that in mind, here is our proposed itinerary for this upcoming trip.
Wed. 7/23 AM: Depart for Baltimore PM: Team Dinner
Thurs. 7/24 AM: Team Training in Baltimore PM: Free
Fri. 7/25 AM: Depart for Managua PM: Afternoon visit to la Chureca
Sat. 7/26 AM: Day Trip Visit to Granada PM: Return to Managua
Sun. 7/27 AM: Nicaraguan Church PM: Visit Fabretto Microenterprises
Mon. 7/28 AM: Service Learning Activity
Tues. 7/29 AM: Chiquilistagua School PM: School of Hope
Wed. 7/30 AM: Work at School / Bismark’s home PM: Field Day at Halle’s Field
Thurs. 7/31 AM: Lago PM: Volcano Tour or Masaya Market
Fri. 8/1 AM: Departures