- In-Country Transportation: Transportation within the country of Costa Rica will be handled by LtN and is a part of and already included in your trip costs.
- Lodging: Lodging within the country of Costa Rica will be handled by LtN and is a part of and already included in your trip costs. We will be staying in a hotel. The hotel has (hot!) running water, air conditioning, and internet available.
- Spending Money: We recommend bringing less than US$100 cash if you would like to have it to spend on souvenirs, snacks, etc.
- Travel Insurance: Lacrosse the Nations (LtN) will be collecting your information through FCA to take care of your travel insurance for the seven days you are in Costa Rica. Neither FCA nor LtN expect any problem but do so to take all precaution in the case there is an emergency. The travel insurance is a part of and already included in your trip costs.
- Follow-Up: We will talk about how to bring our experiences on the trip home with us to share with other programs, and inspire others to get involved. Please come to Costa Rica with ideas on how you can bring your stories back home.
- Trip Schedule: The trip is seven days long with five full days on the ground and two half days. The first and last half-days are reserved for traveling in and out of the country. LtN will propose an itinerary and it always changes because of the nature of third world travel. With that in mind, here is our proposed itinerary for this upcoming trip.
Mon. 8/11 AM: Arrive in Liberia, Costa Rica PM: Training
Tues. 8/12 AM: Escuela Puerto Potrero PM: Abriendo Mentes (Open Minds) Program
Wed. 8/13 AM: Escuela Puerto Potrero PM: Abriendo Mentes Program
Thurs. 8/14 AM: Service PM: Abriendo Mentes Program
Fri. 8/15 AM: Service PM: Abriendo Mentes Program
Sat. 8/16 AM: Playa y Mercado
Sun. 8/17 AM: Departures